Sixth Grade Brainiacs Challenge
23. Play the Word Jungle game online, and either print out (if you’re doing this at home) or show me the page that tells you that you found Tukka’s treasure.
2. Name 15 adjectives, and 10 comparative and superlative adjectives
5. Name 10 common nouns & 10 proper nouns
6. Name 10 pairs each of synonyms and antonyms
7. Name 5 pairs of homonyms, homophones, and homographs
8.Name 2 of each kind of pronouns: personal, demonstrative, indefinite, relative, reflexive, intensive, interrogative, and reciprocal
9.Name 10 famous authors.
10. Name the four types of sentences and provide an example of each.
11. Give 3 examples each of alliteration, personification, simile, metaphor, and onomatopoeia
12. Write down their featured word, its definition, examples, and synonyms.
13. Write a story or letter to someone about your experience living in the ancient times
14. Count to 20 in Spanish.
15. Name 20 words in French that we use in our American English Language.
16. List 8 different fictional reading genres
17. What is the difference between Affect vs. Effect Between vs. Among Toward vs. Towards
18. What is the difference between Further vs. Farther Hanged vs. Hung Lay vs. Lie
19. List when you would capitalize a word
20. Name and define the purpose of the different elements of a story
21. What is the theme of a story? Name the theme of three stories you have read.
22. Bring your Orange County public library card / Mission Viejo Library Card to school and prove to me that you have one.
24. Know the size of your vocabulary 1) tell me the size of your vocabulary 2) look up 10 unknown words from each list 3) write down it's definition and write a sentence of your own for each using context clues
25. Read a newspaper article and write a 8 sentence summary (print off the article)